Qatar General Insurance & Reinsurance Co. announces the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly Meetings for the year 202121 April 2022
Qatar General Insurance & Reinsurance Company is pleased to invite its shareholders to attend the company’s Annual Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly Meetings for the year 2021, scheduled to be held consecutively virtually (through “Zoom” application) on Sunday 15 May 2022 at 06:30 PM. In case the required quorum is not met, the second meeting will be held on Thursday 19 May 2022 at the same time. In case the required quorum is not met for Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting, the third meeting will be held after one month of the date of second meeting and the date of third meeting will be appointed later.
Registration to the General Assembly and Extraordinary General Assembly meetings for year 2021 in person (either self or by proxy) at Company’s headquarter in area 4, Musheirib, Street 880, Building No. 23, starting from 05:00 PM till 06:00 PM, in case the required quorum is not met, the registration for second meeting will be at same time and place above.
Agenda of the Ordinary General Assembly:
1- Hearing, Discussing and approving the Board of Director’s Report on the Company’s activities and its financial position for the financial year ended 31st December 2021 and the Company’s future plan.
2- Hearing and approving the External Auditor’s Report for the financial year ended 31st December 2021.
3- Discussing and approving the Company’s Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss accounts for the financial year ended 31st December 2021.
4- Approving the Board of Director’s proposal not distribute dividends for the financial year ended 31st December 2021.
5- Discharging the Members of the Board from liability for the financial year ended 31st December 2021 and approving not distribute remuneration to the board members.
6- Discussing and adopting the Company’s Corporate Governance Report for the year 2021.
7- Appointing the Company’s external Auditors for the financial year 2022 and approving their fees.
Agenda of the Extraordinary General Assembly:
1- To approve amending the Company’s Article of Association, in alignment with Law No. (8) of 2021 amending some provisions of Commercial Companies law promulgated by Law No. (11) of 2015.
2- To authorize the Chairman of the Board of Directors or the Vice Chairman and/or the managing Director to complete the necessary procedures and approvals for the amendments of the Article of Association before all governmental entities.
- Shareholders entitled to attend the meeting are the shareholders listed as per Qatar Central Securities Depository Registrar upon the closure of trading in Qatar Stock Exchange at the same day of the General Assembly Meeting.
- Shareholders are requested to bring their ID cards and proxies (or Delegation letters in case of Companies’ Representatives) one hour before the starting time of the meeting to ensure timely registration.
- Should the shareholder be not able to attend in person, he may authorize another Company Shareholder to attend, via a proxy (which can be found at the Company’s website www.qgirco.com and/or premises at Al-Asmakh Street).
- It is not permissible to grant a proxy to a non-shareholder in the Company, or to a member of the Board of Directors.
- The number of the shares held by proxy shall not exceed (5%) of the capital of the Company.
- Should the delegating shareholder be a natural person residing outside the state of Qatar the proxy is to be ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country.
- Should the shareholder be a legal Corporate Entity (Company, Authority, Organization), a written, signed and stamped proxy by the shareholder is required, attached with an updated copy of the Company’s Commercial Registration.
- Should the delegating shareholder be a Company established outside the state of Qatar the proxy is to be executed by the Company’s representative, ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country and attached with a copy of the Commercial Registration of the Company, also ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country.
- For the Shareholders viewing, a list including all information stipulated in Article (122) of Law No. (8) of 2021 amending some provisions of Commercial Companies law promulgated by Law No. (11) of 2015, with respect to the in-kind and monetary benefits obtained by the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors, their remunerations, in addition to other statements required pursuant to the Article, shall be available at Company’s Headquarter, one week prior the convention of the Annual General Assembly Meeting.
- For the Shareholders viewing a list including all the statements stipulated in Article (26) of the Governance Code for Companies and Legal Entities listed on the Main Market related to the Company’s concluded transactions with related parties, shall be available at Company’s Headquarter, one week before the convention of the Annual General Assembly meeting.
- The published invitation announcement in local newspaper, Qatar Stock Exchange website and the Company’s website shall be deemed as the official legal announcement to all shareholders, with no need to send special invitations by courier as per the terms of the Commercial Companies Law no. (11) of year (2015) and its modifications.
- For more information in regard to proposed amendments at the Article of Association Please refer the Company’s website qgirco.com.
Approval of the Financial Statements is subject to Qatar Central Bank’s approval and other regulatory bodies.