Our strong corporate governance aims to ensure we are accountable, ethical and transparent.
Corporate Bodies and Stewardship
Here is how our Board oversee the company’s purpose, plans and policies:
Each of our four committees is responsible for a key governance area. The committees make sure we meet our customers’ needs, comply with industry regulations, manage and monitor risks, structure remuneration transparently, and stay true to our values.
Executive Management Committee
This is our main governing body, after the Board of Directors. The Executive Management Committee monitors the overall performance of the Company across various divisions and provides support to the Board in evaluating the Company’s strategy, business plan, adoption of budget, and managing the Company’s investment portfolio.
- Sheikh Nasser Bin Ali Bin Saud Al Thani: Chairman of the Committee (Chairman and Managing Director)
- Mr. Ghazi Kamel Abu Nahl: Committee Member (Group Chief Executive Officer)
- Mr. Jamal Kamel Abu Nahl: Committee Member (Chief Executive Officer – Insurance)
- Mr. Abdallah Mohammad Barrage: Committee Member (Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Investment)
The Audit Committee monitors our internal audit procedures and external auditors for effectiveness, independence, legal compliance, best practice, and company standards. The Committee also reviews the financial statements and annual reports according to the international accounting and disclosure standards.
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Ali Bin Saud Al Thani: Chairman of the Committee
- Mr .Rashid Al Nuaimi: Committee Member
- Mr . Khalifa Al Kaabi: Committee Member
Risk Management Committee
The Risk Management Committee is responsible for managing, reporting and monitoring financial and operational risk across the Group. It ensures that we have appropriate risk controls and procedures, and comply with regulatory requirements. The Committee also aims to continuously educate all employees on effective risk management processes.
- Mr.Rashid Al Nuaimi: Chairman of the Committee
- Mr. Khalifa Al Kaabi: Committee Member
- Mr.Abdulla Al Kaabi Committee Member
Nomination and Remuneration Committee
The Nomination and Remuneration committee oversees and approves the remuneration structure proposals and bonuses for all senior management, executive management and board members. The Committee fosters a transparent approach that rewards exceptional performance and contributions to sustainable business results.
- Mr. Khalifa Al Kaabi: Chairman of the Committee
- Mr.Rashid Al Nuaimi: Committee Member
- Mr.Abdulla Al Kaabi : Committee Member