Adoption of best corporate governance standards and framework in its daily activities is pillar-stone of company’s policy. It conducts its business strictly on the basis of high transparency, fair and lawful dealings and protection of the interest of its shareholders and stakeholders.
Board of Directors Committees:
Board of Directors have appointed three committees to oversee, execute and advise the Board on its legal and regulatory responsibilities in managing the company’s affair. The three committees are detailed as under.
The Audit Committee monitors our internal audit procedures and external auditors for effectiveness, independence, legal compliance, best practice, and company standards. The Committee also reviews the financial statements and annual reports according to the international accounting and disclosure standards.
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Ali Bin Saud Al Thani: Chairman of the Committee
- Mr .Rashid Al Nuaimi: Committee Member
- Mr . Khalifa Al Kaabi: Committee Member
Risk Management Committee
The Risk Management Committee is responsible for managing, reporting and monitoring financial and operational risk across the Group. It ensures that we have appropriate risk controls and procedures, and comply with regulatory requirements. The Committee also aims to continuously educate all employees on effective risk management processes.
- Rashid Al Nuaimi: Chairman of the Committee
- Khalifa Al Kaabi: Committee Member
- Abdulla Al Kaabi Committee Member
Nomination and Remuneration Committee
The Nomination and Remuneration committee oversees and approves the remuneration structure proposals and bonuses for all senior management, executive management and board members. The Committee fosters a transparent approach that rewards exceptional performance and contributions to sustainable business results.
- Khalifa Al Kaabi: Chairman of the Committee
- Rashid Al Nuaimi: Committee Member
- Abdulla Al Kaabi : Committee Member
Non – Board of Directors Committee:
An “Executive Management Committee” has been formed in the company. The committee is responsible for managing the company’s affair by taking decision on policy and other business matters and recommending to the Board approval of those items which required its approval.
- Sheikh Nasser Bin Ali Bin Saud Al Thani: Chairman of the Committee (Chairman and Managing Director)
- Ghazi Kamel Abu Nahl: Committee Member (Group Chief Executive Officer)
- Jamal Kamel Abu Nahl: Committee Member (Chief Executive Officer – Insurance)
- Abdallah Mohammad Barrage: Committee Member (Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Investment)