SHAREHOLDERS’ INVITATION TO ATTEND ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING
OF QATAR GENERAL INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE Co. Q.P.S.C
The Board of Directors of Qatar General Insurance & Reinsurance Company Q.P.S.C is pleased to invite its Shareholders to attend the Company’s Annual Ordinary General Assembly Meeting, to be held on Sunday, 29th March 2020 at Al-Dasha Ballroom at Sharq Village & Spa (Doha – Ras Abu Abboud) at 5:30PM. In case the required quorum is not met, the second meeting will be held on Wednesday, 8st April 2020 at 5:30PM at the same venue.
Agenda of the Ordinary General Assembly:
1- Hearing, discussing and approving the Board of Director’s Report on the Company’s activities and its financial position for the financial year ended 31st December 2019 and the Company’s future plan.
2- Hearing and approving the External Auditor’s Report for the financial year ended 31st December 2019.
3- Discussing and approving the Company’s Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss accounts for the financial year ended 31st December 2019 and the adjustments for the financial years ended 31st December 2018 and 31st December 2017.
4- Approving the Board of Director’s proposal not distribute dividends for the financial year ended 31st December 2019.
5- Discharging the Chairman and members of the Board from liability for the financial year ended 31st December 2019 and approving not distribute remuneration to the board members.
6- Discussing and adopting the Company’s Corporate Governance Report for the year 2019.
7- Appointing the Company’s External Auditors for the financial year 2020 and approving their fees.
8- Board Members’ Election for the period (2020 – 2022).
Nasser Bin Ali Bin Saud Al Thani
Chairman of the Board and Managing Director
- Shareholders entitled to attend the meeting are the shareholders listed as per Qatar Central Securities Depository Registrar upon the closure of trading in Qatar Stock Exchange at the same day of the General Assembly Meetings.
- For the Shareholders viewing, a list including all information stipulated in Article (122) of Commercial Companies law no. (11) Of year (2015) with respect to the in-kind and monetary benefits obtained by the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors, their remunerations, in addition to all the other statements required pursuant to this Article, shall be available at the Secretariat of the Board of Directors located at the Company’s Headquarter, one week before the convention of the Annual General Assembly.
- For the Shareholders viewing, a list including all the statements stipulated in Article (26) of the Governance Code for Companies and Legal Entities Listed on the Main Market, related to the Company’s concluded transactions with the related parties, shall be available at the Secretariat of the Board of Directors located at the Company’s Headquarter, one week before the convention of the Annual General Assembly.
- Shareholders are requested to bring their ID cards and proxies (or Delegation letters in case of Companies’ Representatives) one hour before the starting time of the meeting, to ensure timely registration.
- Should the shareholder be not able to attend in person, he may authorize another Company Shareholder to attend, via a proxy (which can be obtained at the Company’s premises at Al-Asmakh Street), after evidencing his capacity as a Shareholder.
- It is not permissible to grant a proxy to a non-shareholder in the Company, or to a member of the Board of Directors.
- The number of the shares held by proxy shall not exceed (5%) of the capital of the Company.
- Should the delegating shareholder be a natural person residing outside the state of Qatar, the proxy is to be ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country.
- Should the shareholder be a legal Corporate Entity (Company, Authority, Organization), a written, signed and stamped proxy by the shareholder is required, attached with an updated copy of the Company’s Commercial Registration.
- Should the delegating shareholder be a Company established outside the state of Qatar, the proxy is to be executed by the Company’s representative, ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country and attached with a copy of the Commercial Registration of the Company, also ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country.
- The Approval of the Financial Statements is subject to Qatar Central Bank’s approval and other related Regulating Authorities.
Board of Director’s report & invitation
Financial Statements 31-12-2019
corporate governance report 31-12-2019