SHAREHOLDERS’ INVITATION TO ATTEND ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING OF QATAR GENERAL INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE Co. Q.P.S.C For fiscal year ended 201916 March 2021
SHAREHOLDERS’ INVITATION TO ATTEND ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING OF QATAR GENERAL INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE Co. Q.P.S.C
For fiscal year ended 2019
Pursuant to Company’s disclosure of postponing the second meeting of General Assembly for year 2019 on 01 July 2020 in compliance with Qatar Central Bank instruction, and upon obtaining the approval of Supervisory Departments, Qatar General Insurance & Reinsurance Company is pleased to invite its Shareholders to attend the second Company’s Ordinary General Assembly Meeting, to be held on Wednesday, 31 March 2021 at City Centre Rotana Doha – Almas Ballroom located (Al Dafna – West Bay – Conference Centre Street – Zone 61 – Street No.811 – Building No. 20( at 4:30PM.
Agenda of the Ordinary General Assembly:
1- Hearing, discussing and approving the Board of Director’s Report on the Company’s activities and its financial position for the financial year ended 31st December 2019 and the Company’s future plan.
2- Hearing and approving the External Auditor’s Report for the financial year ended 31st December 2019.
3- Discussing and approving the Company’s Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss accounts for the financial year ended 31st December 2019 and the adjustments for the financial years ended 31st December 2018 and 31st December 2017.
4- Approving the Board of Director’s proposal not distribute dividends for the financial year ended 31st December 2019.
5- Discharging the Chairman and members of the Board from liability for the financial year ended 31st December 2019 and approving not distribute remuneration to the board members.
6- Discussing and adopting the Company’s Corporate Governance Report for the year 2019.
7- Adopting the appointment of Company’s External Auditors for the financial year 2020 and approving their fees.
8- Board Members’ Election for the period (2021 – 2023).
Hamad Mohammad Al-Mana
Chairman of the Temporary Board
- Shareholders entitled to attend the meeting are the shareholders listed as per Qatar Central Securities Depository Registrar upon the closure of trading in Qatar Stock Exchange at the same day of the General Assembly Meetings.
- The published invitation announcement in local newspapers, Qatar Stock Exchange website and the Company’s website shall be deemed as the official legal announcement to all shareholders, with no need to send special invitations by courier as per the terms of the Commercial Companies Law no. (11) of year (2015).
- Shareholders are requested to bring their ID cards and proxies (or Delegation letters in case of Companies’ Representatives) one hour before the starting time of the meeting, to ensure timely registration.
- Should the shareholder be not able to attend in person, he may authorize another Company Shareholder to attend, via a proxy (which can be found at the Company’s website and/or premises at Al-Asmakh Street).
- It is not permissible to grant a proxy to a non-shareholder in the Company, or a member of the Board of Directors.
- The number of the shares held by the attorney in this capacity shall not exceed (5%) of the capital of the Company.
- Should the delegating shareholder be a natural person residing outside the state of Qatar, the proxy is to be ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country.
- Should the shareholder be a legal Corporate Entity (Company, Authority, Organization), a written, signed and stamped proxy by the shareholder is required, attached with an updated copy of the Company’s Commercial Registration.
- Should the delegating shareholder be a Company established outside the state of Qatar, the proxy is to be executed by the Company’s representative, ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country and attached with a copy of the Commercial Registration of the Company, also ratified by the Qatari Embassy in that country.